Monday, November 8, 2010

sleeping babies

Although I have been blessed with healthy babies, they have had their moments with sleep.  The are complete opposites really.  Bella was a terrible day sleeper from the beginning.  Day trips to the Plunket Family centre told me I was doing everything right.  That it was ok to rock her to sleep.  So I did.  Thankfully she slept through the night from 8 weeks so at least I got a good night.  She became a terrible night sleeper when I was pregnant with M.  It would take hours to get her to go to sleep, then she would wake once, twice, sometimes three times.  She only occassionally wakes now...usually when she is sick.  And she is not the child you want to share the bed with...as she likes the whole thing!






Maddie is a different kettle of fish altogether.  She is a great day sleeper and a pretty good self settler.  Maybe she got this from being in SCBU when she was born?  She sleeps for at least an hour at a time, sometimes two, sometimes THREE!!!  Unheard of in this house!!!  Buuuuuuuuuttttt....she hasn't got this sleep thing during the night yet.  The idea that Mummy might get 6 or 7 or possibly one day 8 hours sleep, uninterrupted is a long way off.  She is hungry.  Still I live in hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment