Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crafty Swaps

I have been involved with a lot of craft swaps over the last month or so with a forum I am on.  There are two varieties of swaps.  One where you are given the name of someone and you make something you think that they would like for them/ or them and their children.  Another type is when a whole box of goodies arrives on your doorstep and you decide if anything takes your fancy and replace it/them with something you have made of similar value.  I really enjoy these.  And it is a great chance for me to make things as I am one of life's biggest procrastinators!  So I have been crafting mad-tack for three swaps this month.  A surprise me swap-where I make a surprise and receive one, a jar swap and a baby box was heading my way.

Firstly the surprise me swap...which I organised this time...

I made the following for a forum member and her two tween daughters...
A book bag for the youngest daughter with a My Friends scrapbook type book and a clippie kit so she can make her own ribbon covered clippies

 For the elder daughter a denim lined handbag with pink spots, a scrapbook and a yoyo kit (Both girls are into crafting like their mother)
 And for their mother Cupcake themed-appliqued Tea towels and cupcake magnets for their new bach, and silcone cupcake cases.

and we received this...Stunning fabric from Germany, an embroidered clippie holder for the girls(so Jealous...would love an embroidery machine!) that has a castle and two strands-each has a M and a B on it for the girls initials, clippies covered with fabenmix ribbon(german) and more german ribbon, and a cell phone holder too for me.  Very, very spoilt!!

Then there was a jar swap where you sent jars to someone, and someone else sent you jars.  I had someone with six kiddies and didn't want to have to chose which child got something, so did for all of them.  They all got a kit for something that they could make.  Plus there was a feelie bag for the whole family and a WIP(work in progress bag for Mum too)...I forgot to photograph those.
For their Mama, I did a rainbow themed jar as she is into rainbows.







For my second swappee...I did two, I sent a WIP bag in Beige with Duck egg blue, and a jar full of trims-ribbons and buttons in her favourite colours, plus a mini sewing kit made from a small jar.
Didn't get a photo of these done in jars, but they were...

For her two sons: DS1 is car mad so a Travel bag with:couple of diecast cars, three travel themed finger puppets and the bag is chalkcloth so he can draw on the outside. 


and for DS2 who is younger than a year-a double minky fabric bib and matching car taggie blanket.


                                          and we were very lucky with what we received!!

From Tammy Bella and I got a jar..




Bella got a gorgeous dress with knitted bodice(cotton) and fabric skirt, with matching hair ties
and I got a cool strawberry tote bag, that opens out to a full sized shopping bag, some sweeties, and some strawberry stitchmarkers


From our second swappee(Zita) the girls each got a jar:


Bella got a clippie holder with the letter B, a crocheted cupcake, oreo cookie and coffee cup(she adores tea parties) and a gorgeous crocheted dress for her baby Kate.

Maddie got-a clippie holder also with a set of korkers for her hair, a dummy/pacifier holder and a sweet little elephant toy.



Such amazing talent out there!  Just love swaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment