Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crafting together-I have competition!!

Bella loves to craft.  Not sure where she got that from : P but she does!
Her favourite things are glitter, glue and sticking things down.

Earlier that morning for a bit of fun we had jazzed up two nappies for a competition.  I did one, Bella wanted to do the other and she did a pretty good job. Mine was Rudolph, using some of our Christmas dress ups, and she wanted to do an angel...her is the result...

the nappies were hung by the tree with care, in the hope that St.Nicholas soon would be there.

our wee model and her side kick-who is very camera shy!


so decorating this things got Bella thinking...what else could she decorate.  So I promised that after her afternoon nap we would do some 'making'.  She had a record 3 hour sleep, and got up.



We got out some mini canvases that I had in my stash and a bag of collage goodies that I had from swaps and various things.  We got my basket of felt and sat together and talked about what we could make.  


She decided she would like to make a reindeer....so I cut a head from felt...I must get some left-handed scissors for her!  She glued it on, then added a nose, eyes and with a little help from me, antlers.  Then she decided she wanted glitter around the reindeer so she put glitter glue in the background.  Then she made another the same.  Finally she wanted a tree, so I cut out the tree shape, she added a star, glitter and did this one very well independently.



the artist at work

the finished product!
What fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment