Wednesday, December 22, 2010

tis the season to be busy!

It has been chaos here the last few days.  Sick kids, sick grown ups, and too much to do, and not enough Mummy to go around.  Both my girls have been really clingy.  This makes doing things hard.

Luckily most of my Christmas shopping was completed over a month ago, but I have still had some sewing to do...and it has ended up being last minute.  Over the last few days I have had three projects to complete.  A lego mat for my nephew, a tutu for Maddie and Santa Sacks for the girls.

The Lego mat was made from an idea in my head...pretty pleased with the final product.  Bella was well and truly impressed so I will have to make her one after Christmas...


handle details with leather reinforcing

Being used as a block mat as we have no lego...yet!

Bella has plenty of skirts, tutus and pettiskirts but Maddie has none, so I found this tutorial and decided to make her one...

http://samstermommy.blogspot.com/2010/07/tutu-tutorial-happy-togethers-dress-up.html

It was incredibly easy to make-mine has four layers-tulle with spots, satin, plain tulle and chiffon.  Now Bella would like one.  Am tempted by the lovely silk that spotlight had, but can only imagine what a toddler or baby would do to that.

The finished product...

The skirt

Being worn by M




and last of all, Santa sacks.  The minky has sat here all year!  It took a whole yard but I was really happy with the results.  My friend Debbie kindly gave me a piece of white, and I went down to the lovely man who lives near me and got him to embroider the girls' names on the pieces. Oh how I would love a machine like that!  I decided to line them, and managed to find pink gingham to match for $2 a metre at spotlight...bargain!  Bella helped me by handing me pins and sitting beside me as I sewed.  She was very excited that it had her name on it.  I can see she is going to want a sewing machine soon. I frequently find her sitting at the machine trying to play with the nobs. She had her jacket under the foot the other day and was just caught in time.  The machine thankfully was off.

Anyway these were very painless to make...except for the heat. Think it was the hottest day today so far.  Minky is definitely not a summer fabric!!



Bella thinks hers is a sleeping bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment